Image Comics and the Hero Initiative join forces for a line of variant covers to support creators in need
One of the most pressing needs for comic creators today is good health care coverage. With many creators working freelance, there isn’t a way to receive employee benefits, so more often than not they have to pay out of pocket. To help offset costs and assist creators in need, the Hero Initiative non-profit was founded in the year 2000. Since then they have been behind countless fundraisers, auctions, and other events with one goal in mind: provide comic creators with financial assistance.
As part of their newest drive, Hero Initiative has teamed up with Image Comics to produce a line of variant covers, the proceeds of which will go to help creators with medical and financial needs. Check out the details below, and be sure to visit the Image site to learn more.
IMAGE COMICS TEAMS WITH HERO INITIATIVE NON-PROFIT FOR LINE OF VARIANTS TO SUPPORT COMIC BOOK CREATORS IN MEDICAL & FINANCIAL NEED
PORTLAND, OR, 10/26/2018 — Image Comics is pleased to reveal the first thirteen variants in a line of sixteen covers to support the Hero Initiative non-profit, which helps fund comic book creators in medical and financial need. One hundred percent of the proceeds raised by these Hero Initiative variant covers will go toward supporting the non-profit.
Series featuring Hero Initiative variant covers will highlight the artistic contributions of: Andrei Bressan and Adriano Lucas, Ryan Browne, Andy Suriano, Howard Chaykin, Ray Fawkes, Manda Schank, Jacopo Camagni, Danny Luckert, Marcelo Costa, Benjamin Roman, Raffaele Ienco, Dennis Culver, Lee Garbett, Brandon Graham, John McCrea, and Jeff Lemire.
Available in stores on Wednesday, December 5th (Final order cutoff deadline Monday, November 12th):
- THE LAST SIEGE #7 by Landry Q. Walker & Justin Greenwood, Cover B by Andy Suriano, Diamond Code: OCT180214
- THE WICKED + THE DIVINE #40 by Kieron Gillen & Jamie McKelvie, Cover C by Ray Fawkes, Diamond Code: OCT180266
- BLACKBIRD #3 by Sam Humphries & Jen Bartel, Cover C by Manda Schank, Diamond Code: OCT180150
- UNNATURAL #5 by Mirka Andolfo, Cover C by Jacopo Camagni, Diamond Code: AUG188294
- SELF/MADE #1 by Mat Groom & Eduardo Ferigato, Cover B by Marcelo Costa, Diamond Code: AUG189168
- THE FREEZE #1 by Dan Wickline & Phillip Sevy, Cover B by Raffaele Ienco, Diamond Code: AUG189170
- DEAD RABBIT #3 by Gerry Duggan & John McCrea, Cover C by McCrea, Diamond Code: AUG189174
- BIRTHRIGHT #34 by Joshua Williamson, Andrei Bressan & Adriano Lucas, Cover B by Bressan & Lucas, Diamond Code: OCT180143
- HEY KIDS! COMICS! #5 by Howard Chaykin, Cover B by Chaykin, Diamond Code: OCT180204
- AUNTIE AGATHA’S HOME FOR WAYWARD RABBITS by Keith Giffen & Benjamin Roman, Cover B by Roman, Diamond Code: AUG189169
- SKYWARD #9 by Joe Henderson & Lee Garbett, Cover B by Garbett, Diamond Code: AUG189172
- CURSE WORDS #19 by Charles Soule & Ryan Browne, Cover C by Browne, Diamond Code: OCT180174
- REGRESSION #14 by Cullen Bunn & Danny Luckert, Cover B by Luckert, Diamond Code AUG188295
- BURNOUTS #4 by by Dennis Culver & Geoffo, Cover C by Culver, Diamond Code: AUG189171
- GIDEON FALLS #9 by Jeff Lemire & Andrea Sorrentino, Cover C by Lemire, Diamond Code: AUG189175
- RUMBLE #10 by John Arcudi & David Rubín, Cover C by Brandon Graham, Diamond Code: AUG189173
The first batch of covers will be available December 5.