LEGO announces new Tron: Legacy Light Cycle set
The 1982 film TRON has become something of a cult classic. With special effects that were far ahead of its time and a story that was ripe for a follow-up, it took almost thirty years for the film to receive any sort of continuation. Since the 2010 release of TRON: Legacy, the franchise has grown to include video games, televisions series, and even a few tie-in comics to boot. While the film sequel wasn't as big a hit as it probably should have been, it brought the franchise back into the pop culture forefront.
Today, our friends at LEGO have revealed that a brand new set based on TRON: Legacy will be released soon. Now die-hard fans can take part in some sweet light cycle races and duel with identity discs right in their own homes.
21314 – TRON: Legacy
230 pieces | Ages 10+ Price: $34.99
Available March 31, 2018.
Reimagine Disney’s TRON: Legacy movie scenes with LEGO® bricks!
Build, play and display with this futuristic LEGO® Ideas 21314 TRON: Legacy set from Disney, featuring 2 Light Cycles, each with minifigure seats and translucent-colored light-style elements, plus a divisible TRON grid with attachment points for the vehicles. Use the grid as a display base for the Light Cycles or split it in 2 to recreate the chase scene from Disney’s TRON: Legacy movie. Alternatively, stage an Identity Disc battle between the 3 included LEGO minifigures—Sam Flynn, Quorra and Rinzler—on the grid. This construction toy includes a booklet with information about its fan creator and LEGO designers, plus the lowdown on Disney’s TRON: Legacy movie and its main characters.
• Includes 3 LEGO® minifigures: Sam Flynn, Quorra and Rinzler.
• Features 2 buildable Light Cycles for Sam Flynn and Rinzler, and a TRON grid/display base.
• Sam Flynn’s Light Cycle features a minifigure seat, authentic features and assorted translucent blue light-style elements, including power stream effects.
• Rinzler’s Light Cycle features a minifigure seat, authentic features and assorted translucentorange light-style elements, including power stream effects.
• TRON grid/display base features 2 detachable parts, attachment points for the 2 Light Cycles and translucent-blue elements.
• Divide the grid to recreate the Light Cycle chase scene from Disney’s TRON: Legacy movie, or use it to role-play the disc battle scene with the minifigures.
• Includes Quorra’s sword.
• Accessory elements include Sam Flynn and Quorra’s blue Identity Discs, and Rinzler’s 2 orange Identity Discs.
• Attach the discs to the back of each minifigure.
• This construction toy includes a booklet with building instructions, information about the set’s fan creator and LEGO designers, and the lowdown on Disney’s TRON: Legacy movie and its main characters.
• Each Light Cycle measures over 1" (5cm) high, 6” (17cm) long and 1” (4cm) wide.
• TRON grid/display base measures over 8” (22cm) wide and 3” (9cm) deep.
The set, part of LEGO's fan-submitted Ideas line, will be available on March 31.