The deal is getting better all the time with the new Cloud City set from LEGO
Think of all the fantastic locales we’ve visited throughout the Star Wars saga. There are the desert wastes of Tatooine and Jakku, the icy landscape of Hoth, the jungles of Kashyyyk, and the bubbling magma on Mustafar. Like any good science fiction and fantasy series, Star Wars is as much about exciting locations as it is about epic story. After all, the worlds of Star Wars are so ingrained in the pop culture vernacular that even the most casual fans will think of swampy marshes at the mention of the word “Dagobah.”
One of the most beloved, intriguing, and exciting places visited in the films is, without question, Cloud City. Floating high above the gas planet Bespin, Cloud City was a place of legitimate industry while also serving as a safe haven for rogues and scoundrels. I mean, it was run by Lando Calrissian, the Smoothest Operator in the Galaxy™️, and it was the first place Han Solo though to hide out when the crew of the Millennium Falcon were on the run. Besides the engaging and unique visual of the city itself, it serves as the place of two major climaxes in The Empire Strikes Back: Lando’s betrayal of Han, leading to Solo being turned over to Darth Vader to be frozen in carbonite, and the legendary lightsaber duel between Vader and Luke Skywalker.
While any excuse to watch Empire should be heeded, the fine folks at LEGO are here to do what they do best: craft your favorite parts of your favorite properties in buildable brick form. This time they’re at it with the “Betrayal at Cloud City” set, a massive recreation of the titular city that will let you reenact your favorite scenes from what many consider to be the best film in the Star Wars canon. The set comes with tons of figures, including Han, Lando, Chewie, Leia, Lobot, Boba Fett, and an Ugnaught, plans to build different sections of the city, and even buildable Cloud Car and Slave 1 vehicles. Check out the details below, and pray they don’t alter them any further.
75222 Betrayal at Cloud City™
Ages 14+. 2,812 pieces
US $349.99 – CA $399.99 – DE 349.99€ – UK £299.99 – FR 349.99€ – DK 2999DK *Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.
Visit Bespin’s amazing metropolis in the sky—Cloud City!
Relive a world of unforgettable moments from Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back or add your own fun twists to the story with this LEGO® Star Wars 75222 Betrayal at Cloud City set. The amazingly detailed set is divided into 4 sections, each depicting scenes from the classic movie. There’s a landing platform complete with Boba Fett’s Slave I ship, a detailed promenade, a dining room with seating for 5 minifigures, a garbage processing room with incinerator, and a sensor balcony for epic Luke vs. Vader Lightsaber duels. There’s also a carbon freeze chamber with a function to ‘freeze’ Han in carbonite, an interrogation chamber and prison cell, a secondary landing platform for the Twin-Pod Cloud Car, and so much more. Add an astonishing 18 LEGO minifigures plus 2 droids to the mix, and you have a set that Star Wars and LEGO fans of any age would be proud to add to their collection.
• Includes 18 minifigures: Han Solo, Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker in Bespin outfits, Chewbacca, C3PO, Lando Calrissian, Lobot, 2 Cloud City Guards, 2 Cloud Car Pilots, Leia and Han in Hoth outfits, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, 2 Stormtroopers and an Ugnaught, plus R2-D2 and an IG-88 droid.
• Section 1 features a landing platform with a sliding entrance door and Boba Fett’s Slave I ship with an opening minifigure cockpit, movable wings and space underneath to store the Han in carbonite element.
• Section 2 features a dining room with a table, seats for 5 minifigures and a decorative Cloud City micro build; lounge with a transparent sculpture and 2 chairs; garbage processing room with an incinerator, conveyor belt and a deactivated IG-class droid; and a promenade with tree sculpture, mural relief and opening doorways leading to other parts of the model.
• Section 3 features a sensor balcony with railing and swing-out function, plus a maintenance cabin with opening round window for epic Lightsaber duels, plus a carbon freeze chamber with lever-activated ‘freeze’ function.
• Section 4 features a dark-red corridor leading to the interrogation chamber with a turning interrogation chair, plus a prison cell, hangar with a secret trapdoor and tool & weapon rack, and space for the Twin-Pod Cloud Car with opening minifigure cockpits and 2 stud shooters.
• New minifigure details include Leia’s red dress, Han’s Corellian blood stripe, Luke’s dark-tan Dagobah outfit, the Ugnaught’s head decoration and the cloud car pilots.
• Weapons include Han’s blaster pistol, Chewbacca’s bowcaster, Luke’s Lightsaber, Vader’s Lightsaber, Boba Fett’s blaster rifle, IG-88’s blaster rifle, 5 blaster pistols and 4 blasters.
• Accessory elements include a wrench, handcuffs and Lobot’s cybernetic band.
• Stage air-to-air battles between Boba Fett’s Slave I and the Twin-Pod Cloud Car.
• Pull the carbon freeze chamber lever to pretend freeze Han in carbonite!
• Relive unforgettable scenes from the classic Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back movie.
• This amazing set is part of the LEGO® Star Wars Master Builder Series.
• Cloud City measures over 6” (16cm) high, 22” (58cm) wide and 22” (56cm) deep.
• Slave I measures over 4” (11cm) high, 7” (19cm) long and 7” (18cm) wide.
Betrayal at Cloud City will be available in stores on October 1.